Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Rear Deck

When we bought our house, the rear deck was already not in the best shape-it was built from scrap pine boards. We knew we would have to replace it eventually. We were hoping to be able to simply repair it, but once my husband started pulling it apart, it became clear that we had to tear it down and have a new one built. I don't have any good before photos, but I have some from after the front was torn off and the rest of the process. My husband started the tear down process, but then we hired contractors to finish & rebuild. They did a fantastic job and we would definitely hire them again!

This shows the stairs before:




Here is the front of the deck after my husband tore the railings off:



Here is the view with the deck removed:





Here is the freshly-delivered wood for the new deck:



And here are some afters:

I love how the stairs are closed-in! We also had hose storage built in-we did this on the front deck and it's so nice! We also squared the deck off-it was angled before, so squaring it off gave more space.






























This was another one of those "why didn't we do this sooner" moments. We love it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment